Yoghurt, ricotta and fresh fruit make the perfect centre for this cake roll. Serve for high tea or to top off a dinner party
- 3 medium
- caster sugar
- ½ cup(s)
- white self-raising flour
- ¾ cup(s)
- reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup(s)
- Nestle Soleil Yoghurt, Vanilla
- 150 g, (2x150g tubs)
- fresh strawberries
- 250 g, hulled
- icing sugar
- 2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 25cm x 30cm Swiss roll tin with oil. Line tray with baking paper, allowing it to hang over the 2 long sides.
- Using electric beaters, beat eggs and caster sugar in a small bowl for 3–4 minutes or until thick and creamy. Sift flour 3 times onto baking paper (see tip). Gently fold flour into egg mixture. Spread mixture evenly into tin. Bake for 8–10 minutes or until it springs back when lightly touched.
- Meanwhile, place a piece of baking paper slightly larger than the tin on a flat surface. Turn cooked sponge immediately onto paper and peel off the lining paper. Trim crusty sides of sponge. Using the paper as a guide, roll sponge from 1 short side. Place onto a wire rack to cool.
- Using electric beaters, beat ricotta and NESTLÉ SOLEIL DIET Vanilla Flavoured Yoghurt until almost smooth. Chop half the strawberries. Unroll sponge and spread with yoghurt mixture, leaving a 3cm border at both short ends. Sprinkle with chopped strawberries. Using the paper as a guide, re-roll sponge to enclose filling. Place roulade on a serving plate and dust with icing sugar. Serve with remaining strawberries.
TIP: After sifting the flour onto baking paper, carefully pick up both long sides and use the paper to funnel the flour into the egg mixture.