Nothing better than having a pal over for tea and presenting a fabulous cake for you both to enjoy. Luckily this doesn’t have to be a forgotten pre-Slimming World memory any more! This gorgeous Raspberry Roulade is the perfect tray bake replacement. Since the fruit is added after cooking, the overall recipe adds up to a mere 0.5 syns! Find the recipe and method below.
- 250g tub of any Quark
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 2-3 drops of vanilla essence.
- 3 Tbsps of sweetener
- A tray of raspberries (also works well with strawberries or any other syn free fruit)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Separate the eggs into yolks into one bowl, and the yolks into another.
- Whisk together a half tub of quark with the yolks, baking powder, sweetener and vanilla essence.
- Whisk egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Slowly add the whisked egg whites into the yolk mixture.
- Line a rectangular oven tray with baking paper and spray with plenty of frylight
- Carefully pour the mixture so that it lines the tray evenly.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 4-5 minutes.
- Peel baking paper from the cake and allow to cool fully. While this is cooling, mix the remainder of the quark with another drop of vanilla essence.
- Evenly spread the quark and fruit over the cooled cake.
- Gently roll up the cake into a roulade. Cut into slices as generous as you would like!